10 STEPS TO CREATING A BLOG THAT INCREASES YOUR PERSONAL BRAND CREDIBILITY
Blogging is your free marketing tool! Use it to increase your website SEO as well as your Personal Brand Credibility.
10 Steps to create your blog:
- Start with an EYE-CATCHING photograph, graphic or video that compliments your blog and is the width of the blog post if possible. According to Hubspot blogs with images are looked at more often than those without images.
- Place blogpost TITLE under your photo or graphic. Title should be in bold caps and include a keyword or key phrase. Keyword(s) in the help create strong SEO (search engine optimization). This will show up in the URL (uniform resource locator; a standardized address of a location on the internet).
- Teaser or INTRIGUE factor in bold. This gives more info about your topic, and enhances the title. The goal is to make reader want to read more.
- Copy should be ONE topic; visually clean and easy to read.
- Use KEYWORDS and phrases throughout the blog to increase SEO. A keyword or phrase is used to match with the query a person enters into a search engine to find specific information.
- Keep it SHORT. 1-3 sentences per paragraph and 300-400 words total is the general rule. Value is more important than word count. Longer blogs could be made into and e-book, but that is another topic.
- Add helpful LINKS to other blogs of yours or other trusted people that directly relate to your topic and can give your reader more value.
- Create a CTA (call to action) that inspires people to contact you. Tell them what you want them to do! Check out these CTA Tips!
- Your SIGNATURE and the best way to contact you. Make it easy to get in touch.
- Encourage readers to SHARE your blog, but to give you credit if they share partial information. This could be your CTA.
Great SEO basics from Keystone Click!
- Blogging should add value to the reader; your target market.
- Blogging on your website brings people to where all of your valuable and enticing information lives, while increasing your website SEO.
- Adding links to other blogs or pages of your website keeps people moving through your website, helping not only your SEO, but your Personal Brand Credibility as well.
- When people know, like, and trust you they are more likely to do business with you.
Sign up for our complimentary video series: Personal Branding Simplified
Stacy Kaat Photography
Disclaimer: The internet is about sharing. Feel free to share this post with whomever you believe will appreciate it! If you’d like to use any part of it, up to 200 words, please give full attribution and website: www.stacykaat.com